The threat of violence is ever present and increasing consistently in our world today. World trends are forcing private and public organizations to upgrade matters of safety and security. Not only physical security but there is a higher need to provide private, corporate, and political and government officials with personal security.
This course is designed to provide an organization or individual with the knowledge to assess, evaluate, and determine risk potential and then build a plan to provide that level of security. This is accomplished through risk assessment and, if protection is needed, determining whether or not the protection is needed on a situational or seasonal basis.
The main goal is through proper planning you reduce the threat level to the principal however there has to be a complete understanding of protection principles that allow each member to respond and defend an attack based on the threat. This includes providing protection services at a facility, moving between facilities, while travelling, in a hotel or at home. A portion of the training will be dedicated to conducting drills to expose the student to these time compressed decisions during a force on force engagement, followed with a video review debrief.
Who Should Attend?
- Police officers responsible for providing any type of protection services
- Tactical Team Members that may be required to provide high profile and/or low profile security assignments
- Plain Clothes Officers involved in the assessment, investigation and assistance with various threats to facilities as well as personnel
- Private security officers responsible for providing security for principals in the workplace
- Advance work and the importance of a proper advance review
- Threat assessment
- Recognizing traits of suspicious behavior
- Recognizing traits of armed individuals
- O.O.D.A. Cycle
- Prevailing mindset
- Awareness priority matrix
- Selection of detail personnel
- The protection detail and assignments
- Individual Team Member Responsibilities
- Levels of protection
- Foot escort formations
- Foot escort counter ambush tactics
- Platform protection
- Vehicle escort
- Vehicle entry and exit
- Attack Countermeasures
- Site surveys
- Waist-type holster
- Comfortable clothing for practical exercises
- An outer garment to conceal firearm (sport coat, vest, or jacket)
- Eye, ear, groin, and neck protection, gloves
- (Chest protection for women)