To become an executive protection driver requires more than defensive driving. The procedures of executive protection driving assure the principal’s (family, staff, & guests) and other members of the protection team’s safety. In addition, ambushes are still a chosen tactic used by terrorists and other criminal elements. The element of surprise is the driving factor in a successful ambush. The initial few seconds is all a driver has in order to escape an ambush.
Participants will be taught efficient driving techniques with emphasis on a stable driving platform. Participants will perform practical exercises forward and reverse in serpentine, steering around obstacles, controlled braking, evasive steering, confined space movement, specific backing exercise and well as backing to a place of safety on a roadway. The effects of electronic stability control, traction control and anti lock brakes will be discussed and demonstrated in evasive maneuvers. The SkidCar System will be used to teach skid avoidance and management. Participants will be exposed to front and rear wheel drive sedans as well as driving a sport utility vehicle. The students will drive practical exercises using correct motorcade formations. The main goal is to give proper driver training to the students to allow them to possess the skills necessary to maintain control of the vehicle at all times in all conditions as well as extract a principal from a dangerous position.
Who Should Attend?
- Police officers
- Tactical team members
- Executive Protection Professionals
- Private security officers responsible for motor vehicle operations in protection services.
- Shuffle Steering
- Blocking left and right turns
- Crossing intersections
- Passing side roads
- Entering / Exiting vehicles as a protective detail
- Attack on Principal drills and scenarios
- Waist type holster
- Comfortable clothing for practical exercises
- Outer garment to conceal firearm (sport coat vest jacket)
- Any clothing the participant might need for in climate weather
- Eye, ear, groin, neck protection and gloves
- Chest protection for women
- Clothing appropriate for possible inclement weather
- Helmets will be required for some of the exercises and are provided at the track.